Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Semester, New Endeavors

It’s a new year and I am back from a long and relaxing break in California! As sorority recruitment is coming to an end, I can proudly say that I am starting my second semester as a new member of A O Pi! I am so excited to be a part of such an amazing chapter.

I can also now officially say I am a business major, although I don’t actually apply to Kelley until the spring. After last semester, I decided Informatics was not an area I wanted to pursue. I enjoyed learning about it, but I couldn’t see myself working in that field. After finishing up my first business class and enjoying it (BUS-K 201), I enrolled for several business classes this semester. I am taking Business Presentations (BUS-X 104), Accounting (BUS-A 100), and Career Perspectives (BUS-X 220). I am also taking Intro to Psychology (PSY-P 101), World Music and Cultures (FOLK-F 111), and Finite Mathematics (MATH-M 118).

So far, I am enjoying all of my classes! However, I am going to have to work hard in BUS-X 104 because I’ve never taken a speech or presentation class prior to college, and that is what that class consists of. I am typically an outgoing person, but I have a lot of trouble speaking in front of a large group by myself.

I am really excited for this semester! Not only for Little 5, but for my classes as well! I have three professors that were highly recommended to me, and I can tell why they were suggested. They have a passion for teaching that really lights up the room. I am excited to share more as my semester continues. Be back soon!

Posted by Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment